My Story (or at least some of it)

I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother and friend. Above all of this I am a true believer and follower of Jesus Christ.

Although, it didn't always used to be this way.

When I was younger I was wreckless and rebellious. I was a deliquent and did many, many things I was not supposed to do. I was very manipulative and had many different faces. I drank and did drugs and witnessed many different things a young person should never have to see. I did believe in God but truly thought He had given up on me and therefore I did not like or respect Him.

Little did I know He had a plan for me.

One day, while drinking myself silly on my balcony with some friends, I heard an inner voice ask me "What the hell are you doing? You deserve so much better than this!" (I believe in treatment they call that a moment of clarity. ) Of course it didn't stop me from drinking that night but it did start a chain reaction of events that lead me to where I am today.

I did check myself into treatment not long after that event and I have been sober every since. That was on March 3, 2000.

Since that time I have graduated from college with a B.S. in Geography specializing in cultures. I have found the love of my life, Jeff, and we got married on May 27, 2006. Very soon after that we got pregnant (surprise!) and we had Gracie on March 17, 2007. We moved to SC in June of 2007 and we had our son, Donovan, on February 10, 2010.

I have been blessed in so many ways. I have the love of a good man, 2 beautiful children, the support and love of a wonderful family and amazing friendships that have lasted through good and bad. I know that God has a purpose for my life and I am so grateful that He has given me a second chance at living.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Truly, crazy love

I hear the question asked, "If you saw Jesus on the side of the road- hungry and cold, would you help him?  Would you give him food?  A blanket?  Offer him shelter?"

My answer to this question is OF COURSE!  Its Jesus!  He can have all the food I have.  Take all my blankets and coats.  Here's the keys to my house and car!  What else can I do for you Father?

I always thought this question was a little ridiculous.

Until I got to thinking about it.  We are supposed to love our neighbors as Jesus loves us.  We should give freely unto others as Jesus has given freely unto us.  If I see someone suffering and I have plenty, it is my responsibility to share my wealth among others.  By doing this I am in turn giving to Jesus.

So why is it so hard to give to other people?  I mean sure, if I saw Jesus and I had no doubt it was the Almighty Father...I would have no problem.  Take everything!  But if I see a man, suffering, hungry, cold...why is it so hard not to share with him?  In fact, sometimes its easier to turn away!  Why is this?

Jesus has a truly, crazy kind of a love for us.  He died so that we may live.  We sin and he forgives us and continues to love us in spite of us.  His love strong, runs deep and is faithful.  He does not give up on us and he does not waver.  All he says in return is to love Him with all our heart, mind and soul and to love our neighbors as ourselves.  Treat others as he treat us; as we would want others to treat us.

I desperately want to love like that!  I want to love and see people as Jesus looks at us.  If we could all love one another, be there for one another and do for one another what we can't do for ourselves, there would be peace.  It is simply that simple.

So I pray that we all seek this kind of love!  To be truly, crazy in love with Jesus and to be in love with our neighbors.  Isn't that what heaven is going to be like?  Surrounded by love?  I would like to think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment