My Story (or at least some of it)

I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother and friend. Above all of this I am a true believer and follower of Jesus Christ.

Although, it didn't always used to be this way.

When I was younger I was wreckless and rebellious. I was a deliquent and did many, many things I was not supposed to do. I was very manipulative and had many different faces. I drank and did drugs and witnessed many different things a young person should never have to see. I did believe in God but truly thought He had given up on me and therefore I did not like or respect Him.

Little did I know He had a plan for me.

One day, while drinking myself silly on my balcony with some friends, I heard an inner voice ask me "What the hell are you doing? You deserve so much better than this!" (I believe in treatment they call that a moment of clarity. ) Of course it didn't stop me from drinking that night but it did start a chain reaction of events that lead me to where I am today.

I did check myself into treatment not long after that event and I have been sober every since. That was on March 3, 2000.

Since that time I have graduated from college with a B.S. in Geography specializing in cultures. I have found the love of my life, Jeff, and we got married on May 27, 2006. Very soon after that we got pregnant (surprise!) and we had Gracie on March 17, 2007. We moved to SC in June of 2007 and we had our son, Donovan, on February 10, 2010.

I have been blessed in so many ways. I have the love of a good man, 2 beautiful children, the support and love of a wonderful family and amazing friendships that have lasted through good and bad. I know that God has a purpose for my life and I am so grateful that He has given me a second chance at living.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Random Act of Kindness

Today as I was headed to Fresh Market after picking Gracie from school I witnessed a great random act of kindness between strangers.
Washington Rd was backed up with the lunch hour traffic. (Anyone who lives in Augusta knows what Washington Rd can be like.) A man in a early 90s Toyota Corolla was broke down in the center lane. I could tell he was having a very hard time moving his vehicle by himself. On the other side of Washington Rd came a police officer. The man waved his hand to signal the cop and the cop (who are supposed to SERVE and protect) kept driving. I was appalled by this. I was about to pull over when 3 other men pulled over to help the gentleman. One man was in his work vehicle (probably on his lunch break) and the other 2 men were in a Mercedes.
As I slowly made my way passed the broken down car with 4 men pushing it into a parking lot, I saw the look on the man's face. He was so grateful.
I was so happy to see people out there still helping people. I think sometimes we get so caught up in our own little worlds that we forget about others. We become selfish.
So thank you to the 3 men who helped that man with his car. It was a great reminder of how we are supposed to be here for one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment