My Story (or at least some of it)

I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother and friend. Above all of this I am a true believer and follower of Jesus Christ.

Although, it didn't always used to be this way.

When I was younger I was wreckless and rebellious. I was a deliquent and did many, many things I was not supposed to do. I was very manipulative and had many different faces. I drank and did drugs and witnessed many different things a young person should never have to see. I did believe in God but truly thought He had given up on me and therefore I did not like or respect Him.

Little did I know He had a plan for me.

One day, while drinking myself silly on my balcony with some friends, I heard an inner voice ask me "What the hell are you doing? You deserve so much better than this!" (I believe in treatment they call that a moment of clarity. ) Of course it didn't stop me from drinking that night but it did start a chain reaction of events that lead me to where I am today.

I did check myself into treatment not long after that event and I have been sober every since. That was on March 3, 2000.

Since that time I have graduated from college with a B.S. in Geography specializing in cultures. I have found the love of my life, Jeff, and we got married on May 27, 2006. Very soon after that we got pregnant (surprise!) and we had Gracie on March 17, 2007. We moved to SC in June of 2007 and we had our son, Donovan, on February 10, 2010.

I have been blessed in so many ways. I have the love of a good man, 2 beautiful children, the support and love of a wonderful family and amazing friendships that have lasted through good and bad. I know that God has a purpose for my life and I am so grateful that He has given me a second chance at living.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dreams, Goals and Attitudes





This is a vehicle I will own one day (and very soon). A Nissan Armada. I love this car! I went and test drove one not that long ago. I love how it is roomy and has tons of space in the back for storage. It was so nice and smooth to drive and I love to drive!

This is just one thing that is on my dream list. Do you have a dream list?
My dream list consist of things or actions that I want and that I am working towards to acheive. I am doing this by keeping my attitude positive and steady. I am also accomplishing goals that I sent in order to allow these dreams to come true. And they will come true.


Another thing on my dream list is having a maid come to my house at least once a month. I don't want to spend my time cleaning toilets, scrubbing floors, washing windows, etc. I want to spend my time doing things that I enjoy.


I also want a spa day once a month. I think every woman at least deserves this much. I want my muscles relaxed, my face clear and my nails polished! This is also something that will be a lot of fun when Gracie gets older and we can go together.

There are things, however, that I want to do that aren't for me. I would love to be able to rent a semi truck and fill it with food for the local food banks. And I want to do this in June when people are not donating. Everyone gives at Christmas time, if they are going to give at all. So I would prefer to give at a time of year when the food banks really need it.


I would also like to fill of truck full of school supplies for children who really need it. I know back to school shopping can be a real drag for some parents because of finances. I would love to be able to help those kids out in August. Every child should have all the schools supplies they need to help them with their education.


I would also like to start a scholarship program for youth to help them with the college funds. Too many youth can not go get further education because their families can not afford it. School loans are just outrageous. Lack of funds is not a good reason to not attend college. I would love to help with that.


Our church sponsors children every year at Christmas time so local kids can have a better Christmas. I would love to be able to go to John (our pastor) and tell him not worry about any child that wants a bike. Just let me know how many bikes you need and Jeff and I will take care of it. This would just make me so happy!


These are just some of the dreams I have. I have even posted pictures on my fridge of these things to help me keep them in the fore front of my mind. These dreams will come true and I very much look forward to that day!

1 comment:

  1. Jillian, I just LOVE your blog. I saw these dreams on your fridge the last time we were there, and I wanted to ask you about them. I think that's an awesome thing to do to keep them at the front of your mind as you go through your day to remind you of what you're working for. I look forward to reading more of your thoughts here!

    ReplyDelete