My Story (or at least some of it)

I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother and friend. Above all of this I am a true believer and follower of Jesus Christ.

Although, it didn't always used to be this way.

When I was younger I was wreckless and rebellious. I was a deliquent and did many, many things I was not supposed to do. I was very manipulative and had many different faces. I drank and did drugs and witnessed many different things a young person should never have to see. I did believe in God but truly thought He had given up on me and therefore I did not like or respect Him.

Little did I know He had a plan for me.

One day, while drinking myself silly on my balcony with some friends, I heard an inner voice ask me "What the hell are you doing? You deserve so much better than this!" (I believe in treatment they call that a moment of clarity. ) Of course it didn't stop me from drinking that night but it did start a chain reaction of events that lead me to where I am today.

I did check myself into treatment not long after that event and I have been sober every since. That was on March 3, 2000.

Since that time I have graduated from college with a B.S. in Geography specializing in cultures. I have found the love of my life, Jeff, and we got married on May 27, 2006. Very soon after that we got pregnant (surprise!) and we had Gracie on March 17, 2007. We moved to SC in June of 2007 and we had our son, Donovan, on February 10, 2010.

I have been blessed in so many ways. I have the love of a good man, 2 beautiful children, the support and love of a wonderful family and amazing friendships that have lasted through good and bad. I know that God has a purpose for my life and I am so grateful that He has given me a second chance at living.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Bubba is 5 months


I can't believe it was 5 months ago today that I had a baby. Time sure is flying by so fast with Bubba. I know after I had Gracie, that first year seemed to really drag on. I was so tired and exhausted all the time. I can tell with Bubba I am more relaxed. And it helps we are not packing up a house and moving across the country.
Bubba is such a happy baby. He is a good eater, in fact he is the only baby I have been around that doesn't really make a mess when he eats. He makes sure to get every bite in his mouth.
He is rolling around all the over the place and he is getting very good at grabbing objects. Of course everything is going right in the mouth. With the way he is progressing he is probably going to be crawling very soon.
I have so much fun watching Gracie and Bubba together. She is such a great big sister to him and he definitely looks up her already. He just watches her go all the way around the room. He really seems to focus on what she is doing and she loves to make him giggle. She is also a big help when it comes to looking for pacifiers and going to get me a blanket for him. But she does get frustrated when I hold him too much or if he goes to sleep and she still wants to play with him. But the day will come, very soon, where that frustration will change to him getting into her stuff and taking toys away from her. But for now I will just enjoy the precious moments of them laughing at each other and wanting to be there for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment